Lean Enterprise, Agile & Design Thinking (LEAD)
December 6-7, 2017 (tentative)
San Jose State University (tentative)
San Jose, CA
The LEAD forum is to spearhead collaboration among researchers & practitioners and academia & industry to expand boundaries of knowledge by launching scientific inquiries for new ways, and addressing emerging challenges in engineering Lean and Agile Enterprises, where Design Thinking replaces the culture of planning meetings.
Lean and Agile are a mindset that encouraged development of new ways of system and software development, new frameworks, processes, and methods.
The purpose of research is to look at these frameworks and methods, analyze and validate them, redesign and improve them for new realities.
The purpose of practice is to inform about the experiences, challenges they face, and new opportunities while applying these frameworks and methods.
While there is a growing concern about many aspects of these methods and frameworks that necessitates profound dialogue and collaboration of researchers and practitioners, conducting research, creating new knowledge, validate it and publish it, it seems that various regional and global Agile gatherings (Scrum, SAFe, etc.) are only about the practice of Agile.
Also, missing in this regard is research about the organizational changes that the Agile practice entails and the cultural, technical, and environmental challenges.
Agile practice claims that academia is falling behind industry innovation in many areas.
Agile research claims that industry is driven by hype that not always yields desired results.
This forum is aimed to bring researchers and practitioners together, solicit research results about the latest developments in the filed, develop new frameworks and methods, and study Lean and Agile in the context of holistic enterprise.
Innovation and Invention are major focus areas for academia and industry, discussing the converging and diverging POV, expectations, and outcomes to advance Lean and Agile beyond what is today.
Topics of Interest
(not comprehensive list)
- Agile and Lean combination
- Agile frameworks and their applicability for current reality
- Agile implementation 360
- Agile transformation
- Agile journey models, frameworks, roadmaps
- Agile challenges
- Agile's future
- Agile anti-patterns
- Agile and Organizational change
- Agile Change Management
- Agile and leadership support
- Agile and offshore teams challenges
- Product disciplines like Product Discovery
- Scrum framework critical analysis
- Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe, LeSS, DAD...)
- Lean, Agile, and DevOps
- Lean Startup
- Lean User Experience
- Innovation with Lean Startup and Lean UX
- Design Thinking, Design Sprints
- XP and DevOps disciplines like CI/CD
- Automated testing or TestOps, SecOps
- Agile Implementation Roadmap
- Agile Journey
- Teaching Agile in academia
|Submission:||September 1, 2017|
|Notification:||October 15, 2017|
|Final Version:||November 15, 2017|
|All submitted papers will be peer reviewed, accepted based on merit, presented by the authors, and is planned to be published as a book by Springer (tentative).|
International Program Committee
- Joseph Barjis (Chair), PhD Professor, San Jose State University, USA
- K Ramesh Babu, PhD, VP Product, Chief Agile Officer, Zymr, USA
- Yasser Dessouky, PhD Professor, Chair of Industrial & Systems Engineering Department, San Jose State University, USA
- Gert-Jan de Vreede, PhD Professor, University of South Florida, USA
- Gail Ferreira, PhD, Senior Manager & Enterprise Agile Transformation Lead, Deloitte, USA
- Kelly Fidei, PhD, Agile Coach, Leadership Coach, Paylocity, USA
- Gervais Johnson, National Agile Director, Matrix Resources, USA
- Gautham Pallapa, PhD, VP, Systems Engineering & Agile Coach, West Corporation, USA
- Petra Pavlíčková, PhD, Lean Agile Researcher, Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic
- Srini Ramaswamy, PhD, Software Technology Manager, ABB Inc., USA
- Gautam Roy, PhD, Agile Coach, Tata Consultancy Services, USA
- Tom Sheives, PhD, Associate Professor, PMP, CSM, Harrisburg University, USA